5 practical ways to piss off the System Admin Tuesday, 31 March, 2009Posted by ~uh~™ in Office Humour.
Tags: admin, corporate, Creative, fun, Humour, Nonsense, piss-off, system
This post is cross posted from WTAWTAO . This is an original article and not taken from any forward mail.
Let me present you Five sure-shot ways to piss off the System Administrator/ IT Villain of the office. I have actually and successfully exercised Sl # 1, 2,and 5, but not in the same organization. Why there is a need to piss the sys-admin off is altogether scope of another topic .
1. Send purchase request for expensive Licensed software applications and insist without them you are not able to perform your tasks. After 2 days ask him if he can just upgrade your mouse instead.
2. Take a screenshot of a complicated excel spreadsheet and save it as your desk-top wall paper. Close all the program windows. Then call the sys-admin saying your computer is not responding. When he discovers its a screenshot, look worried and ask him to change your login password immediately.
3. Put up a complaint saying your internet connection is slow. When he comes to check, casually ask if the coffee that spilled over the keyboard yesterday, has anything to do with it. Mention specifically that the coffee was black and without sugar and if Mozilla Firefox is more coffee-proof than Internet Explorer.
4. Request for a new DVD case. Call up the sys-admin asking if it’s alright to open the pack at home or anywhere else, as the pack mentions ‘Open Here’. Be sure to sound drop-dead serious.
5. Find out when is the next weekend system shutdown. Call up system admin during peak shutdown period and ask him if it was him who was driving a white car in western suburbs’ link road few minutes ago, with many kids inside . Ask him if all the kids belong to him. Don’t forget to mention that you are sorry to bother him at his personal time and wish him a good weekend.
ps: If you happen to be a system admin and happen to comment, do let me know which company you work for ( Just in case…..)